The prestigious Vicky Metcalf Award for Children's Literature, an annual $20,000 prize awarded to an outstanding author of a body of work in children's literature, was presented recently at the Writers' Trust Awards event at the Glen Gould Studio in Toronto.
Emceed by Jared Bland, books editor at The Globe & Mail, the Writers' Trust Awards honoured writers in six categories:
- Rogers Writers’ Trust Fiction Prize
- Writers’ Trust of Canada/McClelland & Stewart Journey Prize
- Writers’ Trust Engel/Findley Award
- Matt Cohen Award: In Celebration of a Writing Life
- Writers’ Trust Distinguished Contribution Award, and
- Vicky Metcalf Award for Literature for Young People.
Administered by the Writers' Trust of Canada since 2002 and sponsored by the Metcalf Foundation, the Vicky Metcalf Award is the only one of the six that goes to a writer of children's literature.
Now I'm pleased to announce that
the 2014 winner
of the Vicky Metcalf Award for Literature for Young People
whose impression collection of books for children include these favourite picture books and novels:
- My New Shirt
- Book of Big Brothers
- Ella May and the Wishing Stone
- My Zinger's Hat
- Oy Feh So?
- I Wish I Could Draw
- The Fortress of Kaspar Snit
- Directed by Kaspar Snit
- Ten Lessons for Kaspar Snit
- Jacob Two-two on the High Seas
- The Big Swim
- Banjo of Destiny
- Danny Who Fell in a Hole
Check out Cary Fagan's website at www.caryfagan.com/ to read more about his books, life and other details.
Post a Comment