- Book Award for Young Readers (6-10 years of age)
- Book Award for Young Adults (ages 11+)
Selections that demonstrate the following criteria are considered for nomination:
- depict heroic deeds that lead to tolerance and social justice;
- promote acceptance of social and personal responsibility;
- show a sense of urgency and empowerment of the individual; and
- convey the importance of history.
In the Bag! Margaret Knight Wraps It Up
by Monica Kulling
Illustrated by David Parkins
Monica Kulling' story, illustrated by David Parkins, tells of Mattie Knight's determination to have her inventions recognized (and patented) in a time when it was deemed unacceptable and even inappropriate for a woman to be an inventor.
In the Bag! Margaret Knight Wraps It Up will be displayed in the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s library with a silver seal and sold in the Museum of Tolerance bookstore and online site.
Thank you, Helen. This was, and remains, a great honour.
Post a Comment